Tuesday 16 July 2013

Crimson Tide

Remember the great hollywood movie "Crimson Tide" from the year 1995 where Denzel Washington (Lt. commander Ron Hunter) and Gene Hackman (Capt. Ramsey), had hell lot of conflicts due to differences in their opinion over Nuclear attack. The movie teaches us a lot and the most important conclusion which I could draw from the movie was to learn and survive with the differences in the people.

Let me put it across in this way, How many times in our respective offices do we think that our boss is wrong and we are right?? How many times do we think that we are being ordered by a person who is comparatively under qualified than us??  The problem here is not your boss but its all about perception and perseverance. We, at our age and with our understanding consider ourselves superior whereas the boss with his experience, consider us kids and perhaps ends up underestimating our innate quality of taking the risks.

Yes, as per a survey which I found in "Times of India", Indian population consists of 52% youngsters (age group 18-30), which indicates the amount of risk taking ability of India but still we lag and worry about poor governance. We fight in this cut throat world to make our existence felt but unfortunately ends up becoming something who is a slave and can work long hours if they are paid a handsome package.

The idea of me bringing the reference of the movie "Crimson Tide" was only to highlight the point that being a fresher in any industry is not a crime and bosses in the respective industry must welcome the fresh ideas which a fresher brings with him. I have faced this situation in my previous company where I was always used to think that I was good at everything and my everything included everything. But my boss had this ego clashes and a sense of inferiority in something which I am yet to find out. I performed and performed well. I ended up giving my company the ROI of 1500% but still my boss was never happy and always wanted me to follow his footsteps. As far as I am concerned, I would never want to follow any body because it would only lead to me to positions they are in..........

No comments:

Post a Comment