Sunday 25 October 2015

Things of past

"Love oozed out of every bit of your action, your texts, your calls, your touch! We made promises! Got committed to something which we were never sure we could've achieved! You told that you would always be there for me. You told, "we are meant to be together till eternity". You reflected compassion, you empathised, you sympathised, you accepted my pain and we exchanged each other's agonies! You pretended to be supporting me during my struggle to make a prolific career for myself and I, perhaps, did the same! We went along well, people were envious. They bitched about us and we stood still and strong in all the adversities and complexities!"

Today, these are the things of past! We definitely have moved on. We are indeed happy in our respective space. We don't care about each other anymore. A simple text from you asking me whether I am doing fine, challenges my ego today and I replied informing you that I think I am better off without you! 
This is perhaps the most common situation in all the relations which starts on a perfect note and holds a promise for fruitful and genuine relationship in future to live by! But what we forget is the impact that these relation put on our respective souls. We are forced to live the rest of our lives with a broken heart which would probably or possibly can never trust somebody else in future. Even if it trusts, the bruises from past show up again and make the current relation too a burden to carry. People definitely move on, some even claim to have forgotten all the pain which they received from their past but I have not met a single person till date who doesn't remember how he/she was treated in his/her past relationship. Everybody lives in oblivion to this wonderful feeling called love which at one point in time was the only fuel to their existence. What went wrong? Where did we fumble? Why didn't we try to make things alright? Why couldn't we bid each other a well deserved farewell? What was so important that separated us? Was that relation meant to be broken? If that's the case then what's the guarantee that we may ever have a stable relation in future?
I have not been able to find the answers to any of these questions! Or perhaps, not knowing the answers to all the questions is the safest way to escape a situation.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment