Sunday 1 November 2015

Being a dad to a family.....

"A beautiful Saturday morning ( as it is being called by my mommy), though I personally have never gotten to see the beauty in Saturday morning ever. That is because I usually wake up at 11 AM on Saturdays!  And why not? I feel I have earned it after a week long hardship at work. The only beauty in Saturday morning which I could recollect or see is the bed tea in the morning or sometimes in the noon while I wake up, brought to me by my sweet mommy! Everything seems so perfect. I do not have to go anywhere and I am not even being asked to do anything at home. Still, household chores are in a systematic manner where the inventory of each and everything is maintained as perfectly as it is maintained in the manufacturing companies. I, apparently, never got to realise how it was so perfect! Then there came one more Saturday where I woke up as usual and saw the entire home in chaos without knowing the actual reason of it. Out of curiosity, I asked my mom as to what's wrong and why are we loosing the peace at our home? The answer which I got, not only shocked me but made me to realise one of the biggest truth of our life which we always ignore to accept."

The life would have never been the same if that one person wouldn't have sacrificed his dreams, desires, choices and leisure time to give us a comfortable life in which we never have to think anything but making our own life worth living in the way we wanted to! He lost his sleep over our studies to ensure we get good grades, lost his comfort to give us a comfortable life, did not enjoy his salary the way he wanted to but made sure it is spent in the way we wanted to! We kept complaining, cribbing, shouting and even worse cursing him for not having understood us (at least today I realise he did not have to), for not fulfilling all our needs (which today I feel was useless). The needs? Never got to even realise what his needs might be! 

He fell sick and bed ridden and then I got to realise that everything in home is because of him. It was his decision that the life which we live had to be lived in this way, it was he who shaped us in the human being we are today, no matter how strict he is but his strict behaviour taught me to be afraid of loosing cores of my life. It taught me to be strict too in the disciplines of my life. It taught me to take responsibility, make commitments and promises and more importantly to keep those commitments and promises. It's nobody but my dad who trained me to dream and assured me that he would always be there to take care of rest. 

Today, when I look back at my life! I realise he had already kept his promises and he had not only been a dad to me but also the dad to entire family! And I wonder, can I be the DAD to the entire family? Can I run the house the way he has without being selfish? Can I be the light of their blurring eyes? Can I ever understand how important it is to take care of our household chores as efficiently as we take care of works at workplace? 
Being a dad to a family is not easy! But it's indeed better than wasting our time in other materialistic cores. You know what I mean! Don't you? 

Thanks for reading!

2 comments: